Monday, November 29, 2010

Vroom! Vroom!

I have been wanting to take William to a car show for some time now. That kid loves cars! All kinds, every kind. Anna and I are constantly amazed at his knowledge of vehicles. We can point out a car a mile ahead of us and ask him what kind of car that is, and without hesitation he shouts out the answer. He's always right!

When my dad mentioned to me on Saturday that there was an Auto Show at the Nashville Convention Center downtown for the weekend, I couldn't have been more thrilled. So, on Sunday the kids and I loaded up and headed down for what turned out to be a fabulous time. We walked every inch of that convention floor. We sat in just about every car and even played the game, "This is My Car." I think Anna and I had just about as good a time as William. It was so much fun.

Afterwards, we decided to stay downtown for lunch. We walked the streets downtown until we found a place we all liked. As we ate, we discussed our favorite cars and the cars we thought looked the coolest. Below are some of the pictures we took enjoying the cars.











Next up, we went to the downtown public library (we always love going there because Nashville has one of the most beautiful downtown library buildings). Although the books we were there to check out were already with other patrons, we decided to stay and put on a puppet show. Yes...that's right...a puppet show. Anna and William discovered an unused puppet set with an array of puppets, so for me and a few little people that were milling about Anna and William got to work and created a fascinating tale.

Storytime with Anna & William

 

No comments: