Sunday, April 18, 2010

Anna's Birthday

In February, Anna turned double digits...while Bill and I were left wondering where the last ten years have gone.

The day she was born, as well as the day we brought her home from the hospital, are burned into my memory and it seems just like yesterday. I now find myself saying all the cliche things I grew up hearing like "she's getting so big," or "where did the time go," and "she's growing up too fast."



I have been looking for some way to make time slow down, but I haven't found it. What I have discovered though is it is important to live in the moment. Instead of pushing Anna to grow up, I am trying to find ways for us to enjoy (and make memories in) the here and now. Because what has become abundantly clear, especially this year in 4th grade, is that your children get extremely busy with school work, extracurricular activities, and sports--and that the time you took for granted with them has disappeared. Yes moms...it is as depressing as it sounds! Hug your babies tightly and don't let go!

Anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE-PIE!! We love you and are very proud of you!! You rock!


(Yes...those are two different cakes! We had a couple of parties, but...hey--you only turn ten once!!)

No comments: