Thursday, August 6, 2009

Our Summer List!





As you know, the kids and I are knocking out their summer "to do" list. Falling into this category was a visit to las Paletas--a small business owned by two Nashville women who make gourmet popsicles of all flavors. Cucumber, pineapple, chocolate and red peppers, lime, vanilla with chocolate chips...the list goes on and on.

It's a well-kept secret that usually only the locals know about--no advertising and no sign on the door--just word of mouth. I first heard about it from my sister, Christina. Then our babysitter, Zoe, took Anna & William there last summer. It's been a family favorite ever since!

This afternoon, after a walk through Crockett Park--Abbey, Anna, William and Miles all got to pick out their favorites and cool down while playing on the trampoline. Ahh...the days of summer!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

can you share where this secret place is....oh and want popsicles you got...cucumber, really?

The Lummus Family said...

Hey Stephanie,

Of course!! The store is located on the bottom level of the art deco building at the intersection of 12th Avenue South (Granny White) and Kirkwood...near Sevier Park.

Yes...they have cucumber and it's delicious!! They have all sorts: pistachio, mocha, coffee, plum, honeydew, etc. You can't go too wrong. Although, I'm not brave enough to try the chocolate hot peppers, but my brother-in-law swears by it!!

If you plan on checking it out, give me a call, and I'll meet you there. FYI-it's closed on Mondays.

Take care,

Julie