Monday, June 1, 2009

And...we're off!





Summer officially began on Friday for the kids. After some pool time this weekend, we headed to Louisville to visit my cousin, Bridget, who is pregnant with her first baby.

We went to Churchill Downs--where the Kentucky Derby is run--and watched some races. We got to sit in the good seats. We were even given some passes to Millionaire's Row by some generous people. It was much nicer than I expected.

I must say that I was VERY surprised by the number of people gambling! Holy cow! It made me glad that I've never been bitten by the gambling bug.

In the evening, we went to watch Keith (Bridget's husband) in his hockey game. The rink was freezing, but that didn't dampen our spirits and Keith's team finished the game in a 5-5 tie. William was watching the game as intently as he watches the Predators. It was precious...he loves his Uncle Keith!

No comments: