Yesterday morning, we were thrilled to wake up to about 4 inches of snow! We bundled up as fast as we could and headed out the door to pick up the Swopes. After adding their sleds with ours, we ventured on to Suicide Hill. (Suicide Hill is a popular place where many Nashvillians head to "get their sledding on.")
 |
| Of course, snowball fights are a must! |
 |
| Anna & Abbey working on something... |
 |
| ...meet Becky, the snowwoman! |
 |
| Bob trekking up Suicide Hill. |
 |
| Suicide Hill--Nashville's best kept secret! |
Santa had brought sleds on Christmas for both the Swope and Lummus families, so we were very excited to try them out --and let me tell you...they did not disappoint!! We zipped down the hills faster and further than just about everybody else. In fact, a couple of times, I felt like we were going too fast. Of course, we had some injuries, but it isn't a successful day on the hill until someone gets hurt.
 |
| William & Miles starting their journey back up the hill. |
 |
| Oops! Exhaustion is a funny thing! Poor William. |
Apparently, while we were there, News Channel 2 was filming a piece on what the school children were doing with their snow day. I was completely oblivious to this, so imagine my surprise when I recognized a toboggan full of sledders on the six o'clock newscast. I hit "record" on the DVR as fast as I could--below is a piece from that segment. I also took some video myself. Bill brought his new camera with us so I had fun trying it out and capturing everyone playing in the white stuff!
No comments:
Post a Comment