Thursday, December 30, 2010
"God bless us, every one!"-- A Christmas Carol
This December, our family made sure to do some major celebrating of the Christmas season! One afternoon, Bill and I took the kids to the Opryland Hotel to look at all the beautiful lights and decorations. We decided to really soak in the sights and stay for dinner. It was so much fun and really helped to put us all in the Christmas spirit.
Afterwards, we went next door to the Grand Ole Opry to watch the Rockettes in their Christmas Spectacular show. Due to the fact that they don't allow photography before, during or after the performance, I wasn't able to snap many pictures. However, I did try to take some on the sly. Below is my feeble attempt at taking pictures from my lap with my flash off. (I was lucky to get what photos I did because the woman watching our section had her eyes on me like I was her prisoner and she was my guard! Seriously!)
Not really knowing what to expect, we were impressed by what the Rockettes are famous for--kicking their legs high while in their line formations. They came up with so many clever ways to dance and perform that we looked forward to each time they stepped onto the stage to begin a new number. Now having been, I don't think we'll go again, but it was really nice to see it together as a family at this special time of year.
Luckily, this was just the beginning of holiday reveling! More posts to follow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow! Those pics are all so good! You should put the one of you and Bill on FB. I love it! It's a framer.
Post a Comment