Nashville had its first taste of snow. No significant accumulation on the ground, but enough to fill our hearts with happiness --and-- of course, for schools to close their doors!
The kids and I grabbed our toboggans and saucers and headed for my sister's house. They have a great hill in their backyard that the kids love to sled down for hours and hours. Within the first 30 minutes they had stripped the yard of most of the snow, but they did create a fabulous patch of ice that lasted all afternoon. We had to force them inside to take breaks and warm up.
The next two days, Friday and Saturday, we had snow flurries falling almost constantly. Besides being beautiful, it kept adding another layer for the kids to use for sledding purposes. So...back to my sister's house!
Believe it or not, the kids have not reached their limit and want more snow for more sledding. I have to agree with them. I am keeping my fingers crossed that this is just an inkling of what we can expect for winter this year. I want snow and lots of it! I'm pretty sure my kids have my back on this one.
No comments:
Post a Comment