Sunday, July 26, 2009

Music City Triathlon

This morning, Daddy Bill got up early and travelled downtown to compete in his first triathlon. He has been training for several weeks. He was originally supposed to only do the short course, but after coming home from registration yesterday he informed me that he registered for the full course! Yowzer! I was shocked!

He spent the rest of the afternoon trying to fix-up his bike, but ended up borrowing Travis' bike instead. He then put together his bag of towels, fluids and shoes for the early morning roll call. By 6am, he was out the door on his way to swim the river, ride his bike from downtown to Madison and repeat, and then run through Nashville's business district.

The kids and I had a blast following him! I was so excited seeing him that I forgot to take pictures on every part except the run! Anna kept saying how proud she was of her daddy...a sentiment shared by both William and myself! William even ran some at the end of the course with Bill to show his support.

With the success of this triathlon, Bill is ready for more! He's going to join Matt Hardin for future races. Of course, Misty and I LOVE this idea! I'm looking up cities that will make great vacation destinations for the families. However, I wouldn't be shocked if Misty and I start training to do these with them soon! Misty is already a veteran marathoner!

A special thanks to Matt Hardin for advice from how to wear the race number -to- Bill's post-triathlon diet! And, to Dara Kelly for racing tips on how to move from one element to the next in a seamless fashion. And finally, to Travis Stork for lending his superb bike to Bill for his 40k bike ride!


WAY TO GO DADDY BILL!!! YOU ROCK!!!

1 comment:

Misty said...

Way to go! What a great accomplishment. That's so impressive that he only had a few weeks of training. Matt's excited that he has a triathlon partner. And I will not be participating....I would drown during the swimming portion:)Great pictures! We'll have to find them one to do somewhere in the near future.