Saturday, April 11, 2009

Baseball Has Begun!!

Well, it's that time of year. The cleats are cleaned, the gloves are oiled and the uniforms are washed. Peanuts and bubble gum are the big sellers at the concession stand. Parents are lined-up near the batting cages and dug-outs, cheering for their sons. It's the great American pastime...it's BASEBALL!

This is William's first year playing and he LOVES IT! Of course, I'm worried about him getting hit with a ball being pitched from a ball-machine at 35 m.p.h.. Or, from a child swinging the bat at his head. Or, a ball being hit to his position of short-stop and landing between his legs instead of in his glove. These are the worries of a mother!

But, since they were babies, I learned that I couldn't let my fears hold them back. So...I PRAY, PRAY, PRAY!

Here are some pictures from William's first game. He looked so cute in his little uniform. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Misty said...

He totally looks like a baseball player! This sport might be a keeper.