Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Readers are Leaders

I agreed to chair a committee back in October 2008 for an event at the school called "Readers are Leaders." Its aim is to invite leaders from the community--who view reading as an instrumental part of a great education--to visit the school and share a story with the children. Each class gets their own reader, so we had to find twenty leaders--relating to each classroom's curriculum--that could all show up on January 27th.

I loved matching the teacher's request with the appropriate leader in the community. Too fun!! I was happily surprised with people's willingness to donate their time and effort to this project. Mayor Karl Dean (a GREAT man) was the first person to sign-on. It wasn't hard to get others to join him. Some who agreed to come were regulars, while others were first-timers. But, ALL OF THEM were excellent!


Here are some photos from the day:

Group Photo


Mayor Karl Dean

Our Astronaut


Our Traveler's Rest Curator


Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director


The K-9 Unit


The Nashville SWAT Team




Nashville Fire Captain


1 comment:

Misty said...

You worked so hard on this! What a great accomplishment:)